Thursday, May 1, 2014

My Girl.

My girl will be nine years old this month.  It is so hard to believe.  She is my firstborn--the little person that made me a mommy.  She is my guinea pig and for that reason I will probably always feel somewhat like I owe her an apology.  She is like her Mama when she squishes her food before she takes a bite, like her Daddy when she puts together our IKEA bookshelves by herself (true story!), and like her Aunt Lori when she argues you into the ground.  She loves the color pink, reading, pop music, summertime and flip flops, and picking on her little brothers.  

When she watches TV, she splits her time between the Disney Channel, How It's Made, The Pioneer Woman, and Cupcake Wars.  After watching cooking shows with me, she has turned into quite the foodie herself.  She loves to help in the kitchen, and is old enough to start making her own goodies--and she is really good at it!  We don't mind too much when she asks to make brownies :)

 

She is always up for trying something crazy on in the stores, and has the most beautiful blue eyes behind that mask. I prayed for a little blue-eyed Terry girl, and that is EXACTLY what I got!


She LOVES her brothers and has even admitted that she can't imagine life without them.  She is an amazing big sister and helper.  She has even taught Case to count to ten.  I heard her in the playroom last week beating on the table..."Now Case, listen and tell me how many loud noises you hear!"



She is silly and funny and isn't afraid to laugh at herself.  She has a wicked sense of humor--probably from 6 1/2 years of being our only baby and being treated as the third adult in the house.  Her April Fool's joke this year?  A note on her teacher's desk that simply said, "You're fired."  It was signed, ahem, by the principal, in perfect, third grade cursive.  And when she put it on the desk and giggled with her two friends, her statement was, "If she asks who did it, we ALL have to raise our hands!"  At least she values honesty, right?
She is fiercely competitive--even to the point of knocking her little brother out so that he won't win the race to slap Mama's hands.  She is an amazing gymnast and in all of her competitions, at multiple levels, has only finished outside of First Place on floor ONCE.



She loves art and I love displaying her art, so we work well together.

 

Being a girl mommy is a challenge.  I look at her sometimes and see me, which means we sometimes butt heads because we are, in fact, much the same.  I want so much for her that sometimes my heart hurts.  But mostly, I just want to know her, and be there for her, and love her, because my spunky, sweet, silly girly is growing up, and I don't want to miss a thing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS