Friday, May 16, 2014

Kiddo Update

Life is busy this month.  Crazy, fun, busy.  So here is a quick kiddo update, just to share some pictures of what my favorite little people have been up to.

Kinley

If you read this post, you saw that she is wearing a lovely fashion accessory these days.  She did participate in the Little Miss Rebel Pageant, and was first runner-up, boot and all!

She and her gymnast girlies cleaned up the chalk and glammed up--it was sweet to see them together.  

My favorite moments of the night were the high five she and Ellie shared after being called up on stage a second time and the little "good job" that I saw her whisper to the winner as she stepped back into the lineup after being crowned.  Before we left for the school, I kept telling her that it's what's on the inside that counts--and she proved that she understood.

She is winding down her year in third grade, getting ready to turn 9, and making plans for a fun summer.  I love hanging out with her right now!

Case

At two and a half, this little boy has reached a silly point where everything he says is funny!  His favorite things are to tell us the story of the Three Little Pigs, say "Wet me see..." while pretend scratching his chin, and excitedly exclaim, "I ha a good idea!"  Sunday morning when I was getting dressed, I saw this little face peek over the drawer:

He also loves showing off his muscles!
As always, he loves playing with tractors.  He found this helmet on the day of our yard sale and now thinks he has to wear it to drive his "dat-doo trac."  
He found a dirt patch that is perfect for digging in the front yard, and if we even leave the front door cracked just a little, he and his brother will find it and escape to their favorite place:  outside.
I always wanted a little boy to dig in the dirt. :)

Camp

This little boy is going to be the one who keeps us on our toes.  He is starting to talk and loves the /b/ sound.  He has started running and I love his little squatty running steps.  He loves going outside as much as his big brother, and can escape in a blink.  As a matter of fact, last week he escaped while we were playing in the front yard and this is where I found him:

He's a climber!  He has always loved to play in the cabinet where my mixer is, and Sunday night THIS happened:

Y'all--while I was in the kitchen putting up groceries this happened.  I thought he was just playing in the cabinet.  He started whimpering, then crying, and when his cry changed tone, I looked down and saw that his head was STUCK in the cabinet between the braces that hold the mixer shelf in place and the wall.  His poor little ear was bright red from trying to get himself out!  I yelled for Zeke, whose first question was whether I had taken a picture!  Luckily, we just had to move the shelf over and make his head go down and out instead of up and out like he was trying to do.  In the past month, we've swallowed a battery, called poison control, and gotten a head stuck.  He's going to be a challenge, this one.

And, I couldn't resist sharing this photo:
That is cousin love at its finest.  These two are inseparable when they are in the same house.  Audrey will crawl, wiggle, push you, whatever it takes to get close to her Kinley--and once she latches on, she doesn't let go.  We really can't say no to her charms...so if she wants K, she gets K, even in the middle of dessert.  We are love, love, loving having our sweet A close by--and from that sweet grin on her face, it looks like she might be loving it too.

These babies are my sweet chaos...even in the midst of a packed month, STILL the most fun I've ever had!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, your boys are Zeke made over and K is absolutely beautiful! So fun to watch everyone's kiddos grow! Technology is so awesome, most days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Courtney! It is fun to get a glimpse of everybody's lives :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS