Thursday, May 8, 2014

April Goal Check-in and May Goals

So, a few weeks ago I wrote a blog post about setting goals and being intentional with this life that I've been given.  I have had this thought since, oh, Decemberish, but in typical crazy Terry life fashion, I didn't actually start with making goals until the month of April.  So, here is the recap for last month along with how I did:

April Goals
1.  Update blog.  DONE!  I am loving my new blog design and the fact that I started blogging again (even if it isn't quite every day!).
2.  Prayerfully design a schedule for one-on-one time with my kiddos.  Oops.  Not quite there on this one.
3.  Date night with my hubby.  Sort of accomplished?  We went to a Chamber of Commerce dinner for ULA without the kiddos...does that count?!
4.  Make dentist appointments.  I. HATE. THE. DENTIST.  This is probably one that will roll on down the to-do lists for the next couple of months...I'll procrastinate as long as possible, I'm afraid!
5.  Read 1 F/1 NF book.  Sort of accomplished!  I read TWO fiction books and started THREE nonfiction books...but the best part?  I read!  Yay me...and I'm figuring out how to do it a little at a time, instead of being consumed by the book I'm reading and hiding in the bathroom to finish it.
6.  Make project lists for each room in our house.  DONE!
7.  Playroom.  Started!
8.  Yard Sale--Get ready for May 3.  DONE--and successful!
9.  Analyze and create budget.  DONE!
10.  Discuss budget and envelope system with Zeke.  DONE!


One thing that I learned in April was that I set a few too many goals...I got a LOT accomplished last month, but I always felt like I was running out of time.  May is such a busy month for us that I pared the list down quite a bit!  Here are my May goals:


May Goals
1.  Create a summer bucket list with my family.  We did this last year and loved it!  I have seen some cute ideas online too--the one I'm especially loving is a bulletin board with index cards listing the bucket list items.  They took pictures and used them to replace the index card as they completed each item, so at the end of the summer, they had an awesome bulletin board with pictures of their super fun summer!  And if you need ideas or are interested in joining a Summer Bucket List challenge, click here!
2.  Date night with my hubby.  Goal for this month:  just us!
3.  Read 1 F/1 NF book.  Disclaimer:  I am going to claim the second half of the three NF books that I am reading as one NF book. 
4.  Make dentist appointments.  Told you so!
5.  Playroom.
6.  Stick to budget.  Yikes!
7.  Paint outside doors.  This will be a fun project--watch for updates!  I am ready to add some personality to our little home!


There it is!  I'm excited and hopeful that having this list each month will keep me moving forward.  And I'm looking forward to tackling this list in May...which is good since we are 8 days in! 
What about you?  What are you up to this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS