Monday, October 6, 2014

October Goals

So...for lots and lots of reasons, I have not posted or dealt with any goals since May!  Yikes...but it's ok.  I truly believe that life has seasons, and I have been in one of the hardest seasons of my life for the past few months.  There were days that I couldn't see tomorrow, much less make a plan for next month...or next year (more on that later...maybe.).  But things are looking up (thank you Jesus!) and I am ready to get back to my OCD planning and doing nature.

I am going to extend lots of grace and not even review those May and June goals, but forge right on with my October list, although I do think it is worth telling that I FINALLY made myself those dentist appointments and am in the middle of my treatment plan!  And just for the record, it hasn't been HALF as bad as I made it out to be.  :)


October Goals
1.  One-on-one time with my girly.  She's growing up way too fast, y'all.
2.  Date night with my hubby.  Score!  Already done!
3.  Create a consistent bedtime routine for all.  Nursing has ended, and I'm still not sure if that makes me want to sniffle or shout for joy.  Now we can create a routine that works for all of us, so that everyone feels safe and cozy, and maybe, just maybe, Mama gets a little "me" time.
4.  Redo budget for Zeke's new pay schedule.  It makes my brain hurt, but I love the challenge and I love making a plan.  Here's to making it AND following it!
5.  Decorate for fall.  I love the thought of sticks and leaves and pumpkins invading our house, and those dead ferns on the front porch need to go.  I can't wait to play!
6.  Make Christmas lists.  How can it possibly be only a few weeks until Christmas?!?!  This is my FAVORITE time of the year and I am hoping to be proactive to avoid the last-minute gift guilt rush AND stick to a budget.
7.  Switch out closets.  Sounds like a good project for fall break, no?!
8.  Start looking at new bedroom stuff.  Why is it always the Master Bedroom that is the last to get a little TLC?  Having a cozy retreat will definitely help our bedtime routine stick.  I hope.

Here's to a new month, new plans, and hope for the future...and lots of goals set to do things that I love anyway.  Let's get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS