Saturday, June 14, 2014

May Goal check-in and June Goals

May turned out to be super busy.  Busier than I had planned for!  So, just go ahead and plan on extending grace, because here is the recap for last month along with how I did:


May Goals
1.  Create a summer bucket list with my family.  Done...and several things already crossed off!  Look for the list coming next week!
2.  Date night with my hubby.  Sort of...we went to a company dinner at the beach so we weren't totally alone but we were childless.  Never mind that it actually took place in June--remember what I said about grace!
3.  Read 1 F/1 NF book.  I didn't finish the fiction book, but I did finish Seven by Jen Hatmaker.  Again: WRECKED ME.
4.  Make dentist appointments.  Not done!  Told you so!
5.  Playroom.  We got a lot accomplished--we went from toys covering the floor to toys organized in baskets and bookshelves put together and put in the room.  We ordered baskets and are waiting on them to come in to finish our project, so it goes on the list again for June!
6.  Stick to budget.  Let's not even discuss this one.  This is one of those areas where Satan seeks to destroy me.  It will definitely go on the list again for June.
7.  Paint outside doors.  Moving this one on down the list for June too!

June has already started off on a crazy note.  Our first full week was spent at the beach, we came home to one day of work for mom (I know, right?  A teacher?  Working in the summer?!), a planned business trip for mom and dad (which got cancelled), and several weeknight activities our first "official" week of summer, and next week is VBS!  This month is definitely going to have to be a slow month for crossing things off the list, but after all, isn't that what summer is for?!  Here is the June list:

June Goals
1.  Cross some items off of the summer bucket list.  And post the list on the good ol' blog!
2.  Date night with my hubby.  Again...alone!
3.  Read 1 F/1 NF book.  I just started Love Does by Bob Goff, I'm planning to reread Seven, and I have a Barnes and Noble gift card just waiting to add some fiction to my list!
4.  Make dentist appointments.  Enough said.
5.  Playroom.  I am planning on getting this room completely finished this month.  Come on IKEA, ship those baskets!  Maybe I'll even share before and afters!
6.  Stick to budget.  This is my first bite of the elephant but being home in the summer makes it even harder.  Lunch out?  Sure!  Those windows need curtains!  My drawers need cute organizers!  My mantle needs decorations!  Cue Target and Amazon!  Now you know why I said I am planning to reread Seven!
7.  Paint outside doors.  Maybe I can find a day that it isn't raining and isn't too hot to make this happen this month!
8.  Freezer Cooking session.  Because I love using my kitchen when I have time, because school will start back, sooner rather than later, and because I am on a mission to feed this brood some healthy, yummy food on those busy school nights when cooking sounds like a chore.
9.  Make a (short!) list of summer projects.  There are always a few things that need to be done before school starts back--things that need to be reorganized after being thrown around during the school year.  I am hoping to get some of these done in the short weeks ahead!

I know it's already halfway through June, which doesn't bode well for this list and really does bother the OCD part of me.  BUT this list actually does make me think about what needs to be done, so I'm putting it out there again!  What are your plans for this month??

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS